Last Updated on
Preparing healthy food is very simple, you just have to put into practice some tips such as the exchange of some foods, to avoid the intake of saturated fat or many carbohydrates, which are what cause you to gain weight.
According to information published in The Huffington Post, a healthy meal improves your skin, your well-being and your mood. So if you want to enjoy these benefits, follow the tips that we give you below:
- Swap sour cream for yogurt: With this measure you double your calcium intake, reduce saturated fat and offer a better texture to your dishes.
- Say goodbye to butter: Remove this food from your refrigerator and prepare your healthy meal with canola or olive oil. In addition, you will strengthen your cardiovascular system.
- Choose lean meats: With this you will reduce your fat intake and your metabolism will work better.
- Add spices: There are many natural foods that complement the flavor of your healthy food such as vinegar, oregano, aromatic herbs, pepper, lemon, rosemary, capers and olives.
- Refrigerate and degrease: Prepare your food a day before and refrigerate, so it will be easier to remove the solidified fat.
- Remove the skin: This part of the chicken is the one that contains the most cholesterol, so remove it before cooking.
- Remove yolks: Replace one egg yolk with two whites, to reduce the amount of cholesterol.
- Use skim products: Change the whole milk products for the skim and light version.
- Forget the breaded: Roasted foods taste better and are healthier than breaded or floured ones.
- Use many colors: When you prepare salads, include different combinations and colors, to ensure the intake of different nutrients.
With these practical tips, it will not be difficult for you to change the way you prepare healthy food. Also, enjoy the time you spend cooking, remember that a new study found that people who cook up to five times a week were 47% more likely to live 10 years longer.