Last Updated on
Bloating is very common among the entire population, although it usually affects mostly women. Leg swelling and a feeling of heaviness are two of the symptoms. It happens more because of the heat, hormonal changes, or leading a very sedentary lifestyle. However, there are recommended foods that will help you Bloating retention.
Bloating occurs because it is difficult for the body to eliminate or purify excess water properly. It can be quite annoying and make it difficult to lead a normal rhythm of life. For this reason, in Practica Vida we are going to give you some advice that will surely help you.
Tips to fight bloating
- Currently, we lead a very fast pace of life in which, many times, we eliminate the time to cook. We turn to pre-cooked meals, which generally contain a lot of salt. Therefore, avoiding this type of food, and seasoning them, is more than recommended so as not to retain more liquid than normal.
- Drinking at least 2 liters of water a day is essential to help the body cleanse itself. It is especially important after large meals or with an excess of salt.
- Exercising regularly helps improve the body’s circulation, necessary for fluids to move. Plus, you’ll sweat, a natural way to get rid of excess fluid.
- It is also advisable to avoid salt in meals. If necessary, it is better to take sea salt and always in small quantities.
- Drinking infusions is a good way to get rid of extra fluids. Horsetail or green tea are two of the most indicated.
What foods to eat to eliminate bloating
There are a lot of foods that we can take to help our body eliminate fluids. You can make really delicious recipes! Eating fruits with plenty of water between meals or using diuretic foods in your meals is the best way to fight retention.
- Zucchini. This food has a high water compound. This makes it the perfect ally to eliminate excess water from the body. We can make it scrambled or baked. It has many benefits and it will help you a lot. You can mix it with meals and make delicious recipes.
- Asparagus. Both green and white asparagus has a large amount of liquid, so they will help you purify the body, as well as eliminate toxins. It is the perfect ally against fluid retention, but it also helps to lose weight as it eliminates fat from the body. If its bitter taste does not convince you, you can add a little honey. It is good both in juice and the piece of fruit as is.
- Watermelon. More than 90% of the weight of watermelon is water, so it is the best for fluid retention. It is also very good for losing weight since it only provides 20 calories. It is best to take it on an empty stomach or alone between meals.
- Onion. Onion is a natural diuretic. It is usually taken in the early stages of colds as it helps eliminate excess mucus. It is perfect for expelling excess fluid from the body. If you are one of those people who like raw onion, you can add it to salads or your dishes.
Things to avoid to reduce bloating
In the same way that there are highly recommended foods, there are many others that have the adverse effect: they make us retain fluids. Therefore, we are going to give you a list so that you can avoid consuming them in excess.
- Alcoholic drinks. They are usually high in sugars. It is best to consume wine and in small quantities.
- Snacks. They usually have an excess of salt that will make your body begin to retain fluids. Instead, you can consume dried fruits like walnuts.
- Sugar. It prevents the body from releasing fluids naturally and you will notice how quickly you begin to swell. Avoid foods with refined sugar.
- Ready-cooked meals. As we explained at the beginning, precooked foods have a large number of additives and salts that will make your body retain more fluid than necessary. Try to eat natural foods.
What you want to avoid is that heavy feeling in the legs and be lighter, incorporate these tips and foods into your daily diet and you will quickly notice the benefits.