Last Updated on
Fortunately, the communities are entering different phases of de-escalation. Sports can be done outdoors and soon we will be able to go to our favorite gym. However, in the meantime, we can continue to perform countless routines from the comfort of our home.
And it is that, although we are already in summer, our head is set on vacations, on looking good on the beach and, of course, being fit to enjoy the activities that we cannot do the rest of the year.
Therefore, in today’s article we give you a series of tips to get in shape in record time. To notice the progression it is necessary that we be constant. You have to perform routines on a daily basis and lead a healthy lifestyle. It is useless to do an hour of daily exercise if then we do not eat a healthy diet. In this way you will quickly improve your condition and body.
Tips to be in shape for the summer
As we said before, consistency is very important. Perhaps for the rest of the year we have been somewhat untrained and we have now got down to work. That is why it is essential to do a progressive routine. If we start suddenly, it is very likely that we will tire and give up before time. Practice small habits: drink 1.5 liters of water a day (it is very important to hydrate when doing sports to recover mineral salts, and more so at this time of year), do ten minute stretches, walk another twenty minutes, etc. In this way you will adapt little by little.
- Use appropriate clothing and footwear, with fabrics that breathe and are light.
- Increase the weight of the exercises progressively.
- Rest the essential between repetitions, try not to get cold.
- Train at home. You don’t need great equipment to get in shape. At home we can do a multitude of exercises without material. For example, there are different floor routines to strengthen different areas of the body depending on the objectives we want to achieve.
- Maintain a good diet. If we do not eat properly we will not be able to tone the body or strengthen the muscles. This will vary depending on what we want to achieve: lose weight? Gain muscle? Similarly, it is essential to eat at least five meals a day and that they are full of fruits and vegetables. Keep in mind that summer is a time that offers many possibilities. You can make ice cream with seasonal products. For example, a delicious homemade watermelon or melon ice cream.
- Control heat stroke. If you notice any symptoms (dizziness, blurred vision, nausea, etc.), stop any type of activity you are doing and refresh yourself.
Examples of exercises
Something simple. Set short goals and increase them little by little. In this way you will see how you gain bottom and you can do sprints, perfect for losing weight!
- Jump rope. Another of the most accessible exercises for everyone. You must do it at a fixed and constant pace.
- Lying down with your arms, buttocks, and heels on the floor, sit up and jump up with your arms straight.
- 3 sets of 20 seconds. Lay face down with hands resting below shoulders. Your back should be in a straight line.
- Then bend your elbows without actually touching the ground. The most daring can dare to do it with one arm.
- 3 sets of 30 seconds. In the same position as the push-up, lift one leg bringing your knee toward your chest. Make sure your back is as straight as possible. Return to the starting position and repeat the exercise with the other leg.
- 3 sets of 20 seconds. Take some dumbbells (if you are at home and you don’t have one, you can use a couple of packages of rice, for example). Stand with your shoulders aligned, with your arms at either side. Take a step back and bend one knee while keeping the other knee as straight as possible. Change position and repeat.
2 repetitions of 10 sit-ups. Feet aligned with the hips, hands behind the head and straight back. Lift yourself forward keeping your torso steady.
- In a sit-up position (lying on the floor with your hands behind your head), lift your shoulder blades and bend your knees. Then pedal slowly, alternating legs.
- With the legs spread, slightly more than the width of the hips. Make a movement as if you were going to sit, but avoiding that the knees were in front of the balls of the feet.